Know your Enemy: How to Deal with Cyber Extortion – Link11
Know your Enemy: How to Deal with Cyber Extortion
Digital panel incl. live Q&A session with Berkeley Rowe and the British Cyber and Business Services at Police Crime Prevention Initiatives l 10th September, 10 a.m. BST
Extortionists such as Fancy Bear, Lazarus Group or Fancy Lazarus threaten companies with DDoS attacks that can disrupt networks and take business-critical services offline. More and more companies in the UK are affected by these threats, which are mostly made in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
Experts from Link11 will analyse the current threat situation and point out the challenges in dealing with this extreme situation facing a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, while a representative from the Police Crime Prevention Initiatives will discuss how the police and cybercrime agencies detect criminal activity. Finally, a legal specialist will discuss the possible repercussions a business might face if they do not implement suitable cybersecurity measures.
The members of the digital panel will be:
- Joss Penfold (Regional Director UK & Ireland, Link11)
- Simon Newman (Head of Cyber and Business Services at Police Crime Prevention Initiatives)
- Leonard Scudder (Partner at Berkeley Rowe Law Firm)
- Jenni Livesley (Context PR)
Register here for free:
* Mandatory Fields
These and other questions will be discussed by the top-class panel of experts on the 10th September, 10 a.m. BST:
- DDoS extortions have been around for years, why is their number currently increasing so much?
- How do DDoS extortions work and what damages do the extorted companies have to expect?
- Who are the perpetrators, how do they work and what are their motivations?
- What should be done when a company is confronted with Ransom DDoS?
- What preventive measures should one take to protect one’s company?