Find product information on the Link11 DDoS Protection and further features, our quarterly DDoS reports with exclusive statistics and analyses on mitigated attacls and detailed infographics on the results of our research projects.
DDoS Report for Central Europe - Q3 2016
The most important facts from the DDoS report for the 3rd quarter of 2016
The DDoS threat reached a new alarming record-high with 9,500 attacks during the 3rd quarter of 2016. This means that in Central Europe the amount of DDoS attacks increased by 37.5% compared to the 1st quarter. Averagely the Link11 Security Operation Center (LSOC) had to defend 103 attacks daily. On the 6th of July 256 attacks on targets in Central Europe making this the most dangerous day of the quarter.
DDoS Statistics for Central Europe
- In Central Europe servers and networks suffered DDoS attacks with a total duration of 1,012 hours. This means an increase of 29.9% compared to the 1st quarter 2016.
- During 11 DDoS attacks the LSOC registered attack bandwidths between 40 and 80 Gbps.
- One hyper attack peaked at 84.3 Gbps.
- The peak value of 37.7 million pps in traffic rate was measured
- 70% of all attacks occurred between 16:00 and 24:00.
- During the course of the week the highest threat was on Sundays.