Link11 DDoS Report
DDoS attacks continue to evolve: Huge volumes, greater aggressiveness, new botnets and vectors such as memcached reflection, and the CLDAP and SSDP protocols mean that DDoS attacks are more dangerous and more unpredictable than ever for unprotected businesses.
The Link11 DDoS report for Q2 2018 reveals a clear increase in attack volumes. Particularly dangerous for organizations is the increase of complexity of DDoS attacks. Almost every second attack was using 2 or more vectors.
- Between April and June 2018, the Link11 Security Operation Center mitigated 9,325 DDoS attacks in Europe. That is on average 102 attacks per day.
- The total duration of attacks during Q2 2018 was 1,221 hours.
- 17% of attacks used two vectors, while 16% used three.
- The most frequently observed attacks were UDP floods (59.7%), TCP SYN floods (3.3%) and ICMP floods (0.9%).
- Memcached was the most used reflection amplification technique. 773 attacks were using this vector.
DDoS Statistics and Analysis
Number of all mitigated
attacks in Q2 2018
Duration of all mitigated attacks
in minutes in Q2 2018