Link11 DDoS Report
DDoS attacks are constantly evolving: more aggressiveness, new botnets and a dangerous mix of different DDoS attack vectors make them increasingly dangerous and unpredictable for unprotected companies.
The evaluation of almost 16,000 attacks showed that the trend towards high-volume and multi-vector DDoS attacks continued in the 3rd quarter of 2018.
- Compared to the previous quarter, the number of DDoS attacks increased by 71%.
- The peak bandwidth for the quarter was measured at 371 Gbps, making it also the peak bandwidth for the whole year.
- 46 attacks reached volumes of more than 80 Gbps and have therefore been classified as hyper attacks.
- The average attack bandwidth increased by 109% from 2.2 Gbps in the second quarter to 4.6 Gbps in the third quarter of 2018.
- Complex multi-vector attacks with 2 to 10 vectors accounted for 59% of all attacks.
DDoS Statistics and Analysis
Number of all mitigated
attacks in Q3 2018
Duration of all mitigated attacks
in minutes in Q3 2018