Find product information on the Link11 DDoS Protection and further features, our quarterly DDoS reports with exclusive statistics and analyses on mitigated attacls and detailed infographics on the results of our research projects.
DDoS Report for Central Europe - Q4 2016
Further statistics and analyzes on the DDoS threat in Central Europe can be found in the newest Link11 DDoS Report
Within 12 months, the amount of DDoS attacks has more than doubled. In the 4th quarter of 2016 the DDoS threat reached a new alarming record-high with 11,575 attacks. Compared to the 4th quarter 2015, this means an increase of 117% in Central Europe alone. The Link11 Security Operation Team (LSOC) had to defend 125 attacks per day.
DDoS Statistics for Central Europe
- Servers and networks in Central Europe were under attack for 1242 hours. Compared to the 4th quarter of 2015 this means an increase of 102.6%.
- During 13 DDoS attacks the LSOC registered bandwidths of 20 to 40 Gbps.
- The packet rate peaked at 32.2 million pps.
- The longest attack had a duration of 666 minutes until the attackers gave up.
- The DDoS vector UDP floods was dominant with a share of 54.6%.
- The DDoS threat is balanced from Mondays to Thursdays. But the threat significantly went down to the start of the weekend.